Call for Marketing Coordinator
We are seeking an innovative, organized, and personable individual who is eager to help spread the word about the work we do and ignite interest in our programming throughout the year. Working under the co-direction of the Artistic Director and Strategic Business Manager, the Marketing Coordinator’s role is to promote the Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival to new and existing audiences and enhance the sales of its various products and services. We need someone who is adept at designing promotional campaigns, has experience with public and media relations, and is interested in growing the visibility and engagement of our organization with the broader community. This is a part-time (approximately three days a week), one-year term position, with the possibility of extension. We are interested in applicants with education and experience in fields such as marketing, communications, journalism, or public relations but would consider applicants with the relevant transferrable skills required who can demonstrate a commitment to professional development and continuous learning that would make them successful in the role.
The ideal candidate will be able to identify capabilities in each of the following areas:
· AUDIENCE RELATIONS – You will collect and analyze data about our current audience demographics to develop and implement plans to expand our reach, with a particular focus on fulfilling our values of reconciliation, diversity, and inclusion.
· PUBLIC & MEDIA RELATIONS – You will establish and maintain relationships with media contacts across the province and develop messaging that promotes the festival, as well as our year-round programming and events. You will coordinate appropriate publicity of activities throughout the year and act as a liaison between artists/staff and external stakeholders during planning and on-site at events.
· SALES TRACKING & DEVELOPMENT – You will track and analyze sales data for our various products and services and develop campaigns to help strengthen our brand and establish new customer and partner relationships. You will support the budgeting process and ensure that sales targets are being met.
· COMMUNICATIONS & INTERNAL COORDINATION – You will work closely with the Artistic Director to ensure that the vision for the organization and our art is appropriately communicated through all promotional materials, including signage. You will provide updates to staff about marketing and sales goals and progress made. You will collaborate with artists and fellow staff to ensure that messaging is consistent, accurate, and adheres to all internal and industry-mandated standards.
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival (SOTS) is a vibrant part of the Saskatoon theatre community. Our festival has been a staple of summer in Saskatoon since 1985, attracting over 10,000 visitors annually. Each year, our audience joins us to enjoy dynamic interpretations of classic Shakespeare plays, as well as other works by local and Canadian artists all on the backdrop of the beautiful South Saskatchewan River and our brand-new festival site on the Meewasin Trail.
We engage our community through professional and innovative productions that draw inspiration and energy from Shakespeare’s works and their legacy.
Our Guiding Values
These principles are accountabilities that guide our decision-making, our interactions with each other, and how we work with those we serve.
· Collaboration: Our commitment to listening and cooperating with each other and our community in the pursuit of shared goals. We actively contribute to our community and strive to be good neighbours.
· Innovation: Our commitment to challenging and improving the status quo with open minds that explore the merits of new ideas and perspectives. We engage in experimentation and are committed to continuous learning.
· Play: Our commitment to foster celebration and fun.
· Professionalism: Our commitment to fostering the traits that make our people and productions exceptional. Integrity and quality are fundamental to who we are and how we do things. Our commitment to employ and develop local theatre practitioners endures.
· Reconciliation, Equity & Inclusion: Our commitment to fairness and consideration of diverse peoples and perspectives to foster a sense of safety and belonging. We create work that strives to impact people from all backgrounds. We respect the need to make right with all our relations and recognize that we are all Treaty people.
· Stewardship: Our commitment to the careful and responsible management of all that is entrusted to our care.
SOTS strives for a welcoming and inclusive environment where each team member can have a voice and be heard. In the search for a Marketing Coordinator, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, and beliefs. We encourage submissions from members of underrepresented groups, including Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, and visible minorities.
· $21-24/hour, negotiable based on experience
· Extended health and dental benefits for employee and dependents after three-month probationary period
· Optional Life, Accident, and Serious Illness Insurance
· Access to Employee and Family Assistance Program
· Paid professional development leave
· Three weeks paid annual vacation
· Flexible scheduling
· Access to a limited time off in lieu bank of hours
· Ability to work partially from home, if desired
· Comfortable working with digital technologies, including Microsoft 365 applications and basic graphic design software
· Familiarity with the Saskatchewan arts sector and media platforms would be a significant asset
· Ability to track and analyze sales data and design plans for expanding audience engagement
· Strong attention to detail in verbal and written communication
· Strong organization skills and the ability to coordinate activities and communications with a variety of stakeholders
· Creative and innovative thinking
· Dependable and independently motivated
· Post-secondary training in a related field such as journalism, marketing, communications, or public relations considered an asset
· Prepare a cover letter, highlighting your qualifications for the position, including how you would promote the values of SOTS within the role of Marketing Coordinator.
· Email a single PDF file with your cover letter and resume to Strategic Business Manager, Laura Negraeff [email protected]
· Please put in the email subject line: Your last name followed by 2023MCsearch. For example, Jones2023MCsearch
· The position is available to be filled immediately and will remain open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply by October 18, 2023 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.